Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

The bath cabinets...

I cleaned my shop this morning first thing - which I like to do after a finish a job. Kind of a fresh start. It seems to clear my mind, and put a finshing touch to the delivered project and a clean start to the next.

There is something both exciting and just touch melancholy when a project leaves my shop. Exciting because someone will have a beautiful piece of furniture or cabinetry to enjoy, and the project has been accomplished, and a teeny bit melancholy to see a friend leave, a chapter close.

I got out the face-frame, doors and drawers for the bath cabinets of Leopard Wood and Mahogany.

I did final cuts on the doors and drawers. They now have a rounded bevel edge as well. I have this really cool little plane that has a concave face. It is as fast or faster than routing or shaping a rounded edge AND, with a wood like Leopard Wood, tear-out is minimized to nothing! There is something about planing that makes one, or me at least, feel very in touch with the wood and the project.

I'll have some pix tomorrow - a bit on the slow side today. Must be the rain.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]