Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Bathroom Cabinets



I'm building some really fun bathroom cabinets for some great folks in Sonoma County. The panels and drawer fronts are of Leopard Wood and the face frame is Mahogany.

Here are a couple of recent construction pix.

My assistant is one of my sons - the elder. He has a small shop, with his younger brother, in a corner of mine.

This is the project that we'll be following for the next few days. It is turning into a really beuatiful set of cabs!!

The long door is 60' long [the top part of an 8' high closer door] and made up of three pieces edge glued. All of the door panels for all of the cabinets in this project are made up the same way. All joints are hand jointed using my hand planes - I don't think it takes any longer this way than using a power joiner.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]