Monday, December 05, 2005

 

After the party...

With my wife’s 40th birthday party over the weekend, I wasn’t able to get a lot done - on the cabinets - the party was a big success, and a surprise too.

But I made up for my sloth this morning. I was able to get the biscuits for the small section cut, and it is ready for drawer building - rails, kickers and such. The large section will be done tomorrow and the drawer building process will begin on it in earnest, as well.

I will also get wood for the drawers tomorrow, thickness it, and start building them most likely on Wednesday afternoon. I’m going to try and use Lyptus for the drawers - it is a very stable wood and should look very cool with the rest of the cabinets. Poplar is also a very viable option. We’ll see on the morrow.

I made a decision to cut the excess from the panels tomorrow or Wednesday. Much as it will look like a lot is getting done and make me feel really good, it just isn’t the highest priority.

I got a call from the top manufacturer late this afternoon - the counter top is finished an ready for pick-up. I really would like to get it all done this week, but realistically, it will be about middle of next week before it is ready to go...

Pix tomorrow!!

Comments:
And don't forget the killer paellas you made! :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]