Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

Carcase up!



I finished finish cutting the out today and most of the routing to fit as well.
It is starting to come together and look like a cabinet now. I enjoy these days - there is a real sense of accomplishment when you’re putting the big pieces together. And it actually begins to look like something usable - it is still a good ways from finished, but it is moving along nicely now.

The floor is dadoed into the sides for strength and I will biscuit the other panels together. I will cut out some of the back and side tomorrow or over the weekend. . No need for all that weight when installing and it doesn’t add any to the strength. Not to mention getting the plumbing in. I will also cut out the kicker recess at the bottom. The front piece of the kicker space will be mahogany.

After that, the drawer slides will be built, then the drawers [they will be fit to the space where they fit]. Frame the doors and hang them and voila` a bathroom cabinet - oh, I forgot the hand rubbed finish on the whole front... that does take a little time - but it is oh so worth it!!

Supposed to be a nice day tomorrow - rained hard all day here and really, really gray as well - very gloomy, but not in my warm, well lighted shop!!

Comments:
Looks cool! I can't wait to see the finish. I've heard great things about it. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]