Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

12 mm ply? Right...

I spent a goodly part of the day correcting an assumption I made.

I bought 12 mm baltic ply for the bottoms of the sliding shelves and... the piece is about 0.015 oversize.

So ----- after finiding that even with my trusty mallet and strong right arm, it wouldn't fit the 0.5 in [12.2 mm] dado, I put a small rabbet around the edge of the plywood and voila` it fits - perfectly.

A small set back, but problem solved, only added to the daily agro {ok, life is very good!!}. Next time I'll measure it with my calipers and make sure it is really 12 mm

I'll have some pix tomorrow, promise! I'm getting close! My client is ready to install the rest of the project!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]