Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Fini!!



The closet frame and doors, sliding shelves, rolling hamper and, molding are all done. They are all here, laid out on my cutting/assembly table for final inspection by my QA person [my wife, who is one of the pickiest people I know, a really good thing - and they all passed!!].

The door and floor molding took a good bit longer than I anticipated, but will make a nice finishing touch for the bathroom.

The long sliding shelves work very well indeed. In my opinion, metal drawer sliders are highly over-rated! I like the rolling hamper for the bottom. I’m sure it will prove to be a convenient addition.

It has been a fun project for some really great people! They are out of town until next week, and I think they’ll have a nice homecoming present! I only wish the photographs did justice to the finish - it looks like the finish on a piano, only the wood is so much more vibrant. Everyone wants to touch it! And they can, the finish is very durable.

Time to clean up my shop and move on to the next project.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]