Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Nice legs!


Tim brought the legs back today - I had him do them because he is faster and more experienced than me and, they look great! He did a very good job on them and quickly too! He is quite a good turner! He wants to make bottle stoppers from the ends when I cut them off - and so he shall. The legs and rungs still need fitting [including leveling], some sanding and, of course finishing - a lot of doing left for me.

I started removing the old finish in earnest today - with the bottom of course. It is not too bad, though it will require a good sanding. There are areas where there is a goodly amount of wear - we’ll have to see about those.

There is still a whole lot of work left to do before this chair can go home!

More tomorrow!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]