Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Refinishing mysteries and a new commission



While I was stripping the finish off of the bottom of the chair, I came across this. Looks like someone has run a belt sander over the bottom. Also, the front spindles, which are all of the way through the seat, were trimmed with a file it appears.
Fascinating what one finds when one refinishes furniture -one truly never knows - and one always wonders why someone would do something like that???

And lastly, I received a commission for a reception desk//kiosk to be made of leopard wood and mahogany today. It will sit in one of the high-line realty offices in Healdsburg. It will be a fun project to watch and, of course to build. Nice folks too. The partner who is my point of contact is one of the nicest and most straight forward people I’ve met in a long time.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]