Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

Gettin' it done!




We have been making some serious progress on the reception desk/kiosk.

The desk legs are rough cut - I’ll cut the rails tomorrow and hopefully get some mortises and tenons cut as well. Then cut for final dimensions.

I need to glue up some lace wood panels for the frame. The flexcore is also quite visible in the picture. Way cool stuff - Way heavy too!

As you can see from the pix, I’ve cut the rails for the bow frame and will cut the stiles tomorrow or the next day. I’ll cut out some of the intermediate frame to reduce the weight. I made a template from MDF and then used my router to cut the bow in the frame. It is quite nice - smooth and faired nicely.

We are movin’ on - quickly! More later.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]