Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Still getting’ it done







You can see the steps in the construction of the bow frame section of the desk.

In the first picture, the center section of the frame has been cut out and the four frames screwed together so that all of the dadoes will be properly aligned.

The second image shows how I use my router and a very simple set-up to cut the dadoes for the stiles. There is a good bit more dust than usual because of the way I have to cut them.

After I cut all of the dadoes and the stiles for fit them, I dry fit the whole frame. It looks like it is going to work.

Well, I did something wrong here - it all fits and is square. The next two frames show the frame upright and with my assistant. The glue needs to dry and then the real fun will begin.

The next step will be to put to cut the flex-core to fit and put it on. Kind of like trying to cut a piece of jello with an eraser. Best not to be around during such evolutions - my naval background has equipped me well with all kinds of aphorisms and colloquialisms suitable for events like this.

I will start making the two desk sides and top on Monday, as well.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]