Saturday, February 25, 2006

 

Workin’ hard





I’ve been working a lot of hours to get this piece done. And I think it is coming out beautifully.

One of the images shows the bow frame with the veneer in place and the top glued up behind it. BTW, if anyone asks, rolling 32 square feet of veneer is a LOT of work!!

The next image shows the top after glue-up - I’m planning the top - the best way to get it done right - quickly too! And yes my plane is made of purple heart. It is from Steve Knight up in Portland, OR. I like it a lot for this kind of work.

The final image shows the bow section with the top sitting on it - cut to size and ready for finishing.
I spent the afternoon finishing the bow section - I took a couple of pix, but they really don’t show how nice it looks. Tomorrow morning I’ll finish the rails and stiles for the bow section and mount them. In the afternoon, I plan to finish the sides and perhaps get the base done.

We are slammin’ and jammin on the frim fram here in Geyserville!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]