Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Back in the saddle again!

Back in the saddle again!


I’ve got two projects I’m working on now. Both are in the drawing phase yet. Both are cabinets - very different in nature.

The first is an upscale set of cabinets that will go with an existing fireplace and mantel. Elegant simplicity is the order of the day. These are very elegant people with a design esthetic very similar to my own. It is really fun to work with them.



The other is a commercial project to duplicate or as close as I can, an existing set of cabinets - only make them larger to fit a specific space.

The style is very rustic almost primitive. There are punched tin panels that fit into the bottom doors. The whole thing is painted - black on the outside and an ecru for the back of the shelves. Sort of antiqued/primitive looking.

Another fun challenge!

And I still have the refinishing project to complete!! Maybe the weather will cooperate and I can get some serious work done and get these incredibly patient people their chair back!! I talked with the lady today - she is very knowledgeable and understands that the weather is playing havoc with the project. It is nice to work with such people!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]