Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Et fini!!




Et fini!!

It is finished! It has been a brute of a project - lots 'o' work - and the weather hasn't cooperated much. But it is finished - and if I say so myself, it is a thing of beauty.

I will deliver and install it tomorrow [rain willing].

I actually finished it Friday, but we couldn’t get together on the schedule [she works a lot!] so we decided on Monday morning. Which meant it was in the shop all weekend, which means I futzed with it off and on all weekend - a nip here a tuck there - just futzing with it. Another coat of wax, some more buffing, a little polishing by hand - it gleams - even in the moon light...

Some folks came over to ogle it a bit today and have some very nice things to say about it. I love making beautiful things for people - it is what I love to do. In this case, I really feel good about this piece.

As the man said, “It’ll do”.

I hope to have some more pics after I deliver it.

I'm sure my other clients will be happy for me to get on with their projects now. They've been very patient and understanding. I think I have the best clients in the biz! I have to get going on their projects now!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]