Monday, May 15, 2006

 

The dentist’s table

I’m finishing up the table for the dentist’s conference room. A small 36” table, originally a drop leaf and now, Abracadabra and Prestchango, a fixed top. The stains on the table top are a bit of water to tighten the joints - not that they needed much. I usually do this and then sand it all flush - makes for a nice finished look. The other pieces are stained, ready for the top coat. I’ll sand and stain the top tomorrow and finish it Wednesday - or that is the plan.



I should get the chair rung for my refinishing project back this week and finish rebuilding it! I love building chairs! I really do.

Then I will need to pick-up the other three chairs and table - way fun!! The folks are really nice and once I get the table and chairs I need to get it back to them ASAP. I can just see them all standing around eating diner in their dining room mumbling words about the cabinetmaker. Naw, I’ll get it back to them as soon as it is possible to get done. Nice table too!

I’m also doing finish samples for a client for a large hutch. Old look, lots of patina and distress on it. A real challenge - big too! they are figuring out what all they want in it now.

Gotta go make some popcorn and watch The Donald [a pathetic weakness I know].

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]