Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

Still on fire!

This is a busy week. Lots of fun.

I just had a commission from a very nice lady for a full set of bedroom furniture: King size bed, 2 night stands with bottom cabinet, a sizable armoire/entertainment center for a plasma TV; and a totally awesome chair [with footstool of course]. The entire set will be made of Granadillo. It will be quite elegant - likely even stunning.

She likes a modified arts and crafts/mission style with an “elegant clunkiness”. She is a very bright and creative soul with definite, yet enlightened visions of what she wants. It is a pleasure to help bring her ideas to life!

I have shown the conceptual sketches for the bedroom set. I’m really excited to begin this project.









Still have a goodly bit of work in the shop. A couple of cabinets for one of the local wineries will go out this week.

I’m expecting wood for a local dentists office table. And still have the coffee table and side table on the drawing boards. I hope it too will go out by week’s end - or the first part of next week.

My refinishing project is starting to move along more rapidly with the good weather. I hope to have it finished about the middle of June.

More pix next time - my new “old” cabinets.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]