Monday, June 12, 2006

 

New Commission!

Over the weekend, I got a new commission from a truly wonderful couple! A bedroom set starting with a really elegant, Arts and Crafts dresser! A really good sized one as the concept sketches show. I designed the set to go into their Craftsman house and feel right at home with their other Crafsman/Arts and Crafts pieces.

Below are the concept drawings for the project.






I heard from her today and the straight legs are in!

I think we are going to look seriously at Madrone and Walnut - all California wood for a couple of native Californians!

More as this project moves forward! We have a good bit of design work to finish and some other projects we need to finish for some other really nice people, so I think we’ll start actually building in late summer or early fall.

Comments:
Now that I've completed my "fussy design" phase on this project, I can't wait for you get started. Thanks for being so patient with my visual/spatial needs with respect to the wall space and thanks for all of your hard work in moving us out of our post-graduate malamine environment. We're very exited about the new bedroom suite!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]