Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

The beginning...

This is the start of construction on the built-in cabinets. First the sheet goods are cut to size. Then I rough cut the solid wood pieces.





I was going to thickness them (the solid wood pieces), but I found I needed to change blades in my planner. Normally this is a simple, quick operation. It was, however, one of “those” days.

The blades I went to install were, you guessed it - the wrong ones. They were for a two bladed planner, and my planner takes three blades - also, the ones I had were shorter and didn't fit the bolt pattern. So I went into Santa Rosa to pick up a set. The two places I usually buy them always have them in stock - well, as it turns out, not always. Both were out of stock (sigh). One, at least had them available in Sacramento and so, for a nominal fee, they will be here tomorrow -- or, perhaps Friday.

Fortunately, I have some more sizing to do...

Comments:
oner of those days huh? i've had plenty of those
 
send me an email i've beeen thinking of you and yours.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]