Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Et fini, not quite, and...

Last Friday, "The Sons" [of Holeman & Sons a future woodworking powerhouse] and Holeman went to a really great Open House at one of our suppliers, Mt. Storm Forest Products. They put on an amazing feed and had lots of good information as well. A good time was had by all here!

This weekend, as I was driving the last leg home on the Windsor chairs I have rebuilt and refinished, the leg simply broke. The air was a bit blue for a while and “The Sons” may have learned some new vocabulary.

After a bit, I figured out it was actually a good thing that it broke while I was working it. It failed catastrophically, and would have been terrible if someone was sitting in it!!

I’ll get it done by late this week and it will join its brothers and the table at its real home.

I’m starting two new projects - one a hutch, a pretty good sized one - nearly 10’ wide and about 9’ tall. It will be a pretty one. I’ll post some plans tomorrow.

I’m also starting some cabinets for a really nice lady in Healdsburg. They will go in her office. I’ll have some plans for those up soon as well.

Both will be made of Alder and stained to a specific color. Both will have some nice glass work as well. More as we progress through the projects.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]