Saturday, September 30, 2006

 

Still progressing...

Things are progressing right along on the cabinets.


The images here show the sides - top and bottom sides - in the clamps being glued together. The process is to make big pieces out of smaller pieces, them make them smaller [the right size].


I hand plane all of the joined pieces after glue up for a final finish. It gives a great, smooth look.


Here is the older “Son” of Holeman & Sons checking out the rough pieces, which will be the tops and bottoms, and the finished sides [he is one tough QA Inspector!!].

I have the tops and bottoms in the clamps tonight.

I went to Mt. Storm Friday to pick up some wood and was talking with my rep there. Woweee! Wood, especially Alder is going up and up in price. Apparently they are using it [Alder] back east for framing houses... it is the “new, hip wood”. It is nice to know we are on the cutting edge - I build furniture to last 100 years and it is now hip, trendy and cool too!

I’ll try to have some more images in a day or so. All of the pieces will start to take more shape soon, but first I'll have to do some finsih work on them.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]