Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Cruisin’ …

I am making some good progress on the cabinets. All of the machining is finished. I have dry fit up all of the pieces and fine tuned the joinery.

I started staining the various pieces today - in shifts. In the image below, you can see one of the base units stacked on the work bench while the other base unit is on the rack outside.


The piece standing up behind and to the left of the stack is one of the upper units, dry fit up and clamped. I notched the blind dados this morning and made sure they all fit properly.

I will continue finishing work. The insides will get, in addition to the stain, 3 - 4 coats of top coat and the outside surfaces 6 - 8. All hand rubbed for that beautiful, deep finish.

Comments:
And it is lookin' good!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]