Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Et fini and et incipio - on the fast track

I finished the twin cabinets, and with my usual aplomb, delivered them and forgot to take any pictures. They turned out rather nice, if I say so myself [and I did] and my customer really liked them, which is the main objective. They look very much like the hutch my mother gave me that has been in our family for quite a while. It is a beautiful old piece and the new cabinets would stand along side as newer [and much less dinged] cousins. They look quite elegant in their new home office. I’ll try to get some pix in a few days.

And another project has begun in my shop. The pix below show: The basic plan; and the bottom carcasse for a hutch for one of the local wineries [there are about 65 within a 12 miles radius of my house]. It will be a large piece - about 10 feet long and something over 8 feet high. It will have a dark frame and back - a dark stain with a bit more than a hint of a brown cast and a slight bit of antiquing - very slight.




The design objective is large scale elegance with a decidedly masculine feel. It will dominate the room and be an inviting place to “hang out” as well. It will have some serious business features: a large amount of wine storage - with 2 coolers in the bottom, plus lighted storage on the top section; a large screen TV/computer monitor in the center, framed with mirror glass to look like an elegant mirror when the computer/TV is off; and a granite top for an elegant look and yet, practical in being easy to clean and impervious to spills. I think it will be magnificent!

Watch it come to life - it is a great project for a really great customer!

Comments:
Lookin' good!

Hi back atcha, Brian. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]