Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

DOMINO... and another leg and a new bench - all in one week

I got some very good news last week. I’m going to get one of the new FesTool Domino joining systems!! I’ll be doing the tables and bed and, well, everything with the new Domino. I’m so excited I can hardly sleep - it will be here maybe Thursday, but likely Friday.

If you aren’t familiar with Domino, go to http://www.festoolusa.com/pages.aspx?docid=534 - be sure to check out the videos, they’re great! I think this machine is going to significantly change the way quality woodworking is done today - it is that good.

I’m making another sample leg for my client to look over - she wants some changes from the first one. Even chunkier than the first one. Here is a picture of the new leg in the making. Once again, I’ll use my FesTool Trion jigsaw to cut the curves. I’ll have some pix later today if all goes as I plan.

I’m also working on an old style hall bench. Here I am ripping the seat to size.


I am making it out of Alder and will distress it some during finishing for an antique look to go with the dictionary stand I made a few months ago - which is in a winery gallery in Healdsburg and definitely in need of some companionship. If you are in the neighborhood and want to see them - they are at the Christie Vineyards Tasting Room off Hudson Street. The bench should be there by early next week - and the stand is there now. I'll be making a table to go with them next.

Of course I’m going to use Domino on the new bench - well virtually everything will built with Domino from now on I think!! A great trial run for a great machine.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]