Friday, February 23, 2007

 

Sooo good!

Well, I tried it on one of my most typical applications - a 2” face frame joint - simple, but time consuming when you do 40 or 50 at a time. Even the first one I tried was perfect - it was easy to set up and oh so fast!

The first thing I noticed is that operation of the Domino is the controls and adjustments are on Domino are intuitive and very precise. Granted, I’ve likely watched the demo movie on their web site, ohh, about 100 times, but it is still incredibly intuitive and easy to use, with little learning curve to get the basic joints down quickly.
I didn’t even bother putting the Stops on - I simply marked the center of both pieces with my highly accurate #2 pencil, clamped them to my MFT and zipped in a couple of very precise tenons using the see-through plate with hair-line centering and voila` - inserted the tenons - a clean, precise face frame joint is way less time than it takes to tell about it. One of the beauties of this system is the height adjuster - totally repeatable and precise. Both pieces aligned perfectly -- ready to glue.

This first image shows the tenon inserted fully into one side, ready to fit up so you can see the tenon.

This image shows the final joint - a perfect, squared up, super-fast floating tenon joint! The pencil scribe marks are clearly visible in this image. Note the precise alignment.


I’ll be working on more test pieces this weekend and will post them as I do them.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]