Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 

Door number one? Or door number two?

This is a picture of the two different door options for the kitchen cabinets. The difference is the rails and stiles - narrower or wider. Both are flush panels, which Domino helped make flush with an ease I’ve not experienced before.

The handles are mahogany - looks very nice with the birch, IMO.


Which do you like?

My customers chose the one on the right -- door number 2, if you will. I’m now making a match for it for a sample door that I will hang on the cabinets. That way they can live with the design for a bit and make sure they really like it before I make all the rest.

They’ve had the old ones for nearly 40 years, so the new ones are going to be a real different look and feel. They are much lighter and will, I think, give the kitchen a much airier and more open feel, and it will look very different from today.

Finish is a hand rubbed satin urethane - about 6 coats. Looks very rich.

Comments:
Door number 2, of course! :)
 
I hate to be a contrarian, but I'm a fan of the door on the left, although... maybe the borders would feel thick enough if there are two doors on the right side-by-side.
 
Dan-

There will be two doors side-by-side. I think the door borders will be wide enough that way.
 
Brian-

Domino is an amazing tool. I haven't seen the article in HandyMan Magazine, but speaking for myself, it is one of those things that really changes the way you work and build stuff. It is amazingly fast and accurate. A good investment!
 
I'm with the customers -- I like the narrower stiles.
 
And the customer is right! And my QA person says door #2 as well, so I am building a mate for it to hang in their kitchen for them to live with for a bit and make sure they really do like it - in every way.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]