Thursday, April 19, 2007

 

A couple of lost days

I lost a couple of days of work this week - just the usual stuff of life. Trying to get things back on schedule.

The second carcase is done - still in the clamps - it is raining and I’ll leave the clamps on longer to make sure it dries. It is very frustrating to pull the clamps off, start working with a piece and find that the glue hasn’t dried...


I'm going to try and get a paint sample done tomorrow - hope the weather will cooperate a little.

Here is a picture of the line of Domino tenons. It is an easy way to make a very strong joint on the end panel.


This tool makes fast track projects a real possibility. Also, the joinery is really high quality. Even on simple joinery tasks like this, Domino just works - very well!

When I go to equipment dealers, I am amazed at how much I don't feel any need to get "conventional" equipment. I mean, cutting 72" long rails on a table saw, even with a sliding table seems like such a hassle... Guess I'm spoiled with my system.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]