Saturday, April 14, 2007

 

Dadoes

I dadoed the floor today for the section panels. Using the Festool guide rail and micro-adjust [fine adjuster is their part nomenclature] is such a fast, easy way to cut dadoes. You just mark the centerline of the dado where you want it, line up the mark and route. Fast, easy and clean.



I’ll be routing the edges for the tops and backs and the panels for the shelf inserts tomorrow. Also, I’ll be using Domino for the side panels and face frame attaching tenons. I should have this one ready for the face frame very soon.

I really love the way the FesTool system helps make me more efficient. It is a real joy to use the system to make quality furniture and cabinets. I often sound like a commercial for them, but I would probably not be able to make the things I make without them.

I spent most of this morning working up cutting diagrams and dado cutting diagrams with my boys - it was a rainy morning and it seemed like a good thing to do. Oldest son is reading Swiss Family Robinson and #2 is really into his letters and phonics. A quiet, but very pleasant morning.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]