Sunday, April 15, 2007

 

Dry fit up

I’ve finished the carcase except for the shelf dadoes. This picture shows the master vanity up for dry fit up. Domino made the joints fast and easy and precise! Every time I use this tool, I am amazed at how easy it is to get precise, strong joints. It has changed the way I work - significantly. I am much more efficient than BD [before Domino].


Tomorrow I’ll go and get the rest of the wood for both vanities and another piece of plywood to finish the carcase. With a little luck and some good work, I should have both carcasses ready for glue up tomorrow eve or tuesday morning and the face frames by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

There is a tight schedule on these and the cabinets and the doors and drawers - there’ll be no rest for the weary this month!! I love it like this!! Time in the shop goes so fast I hardly know the day has passed. I truly enjoy being busy. And I have the greatest job in the world! I get to make beautiful furniture and cabinets for people - quality pieces that should last 100 years.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]