Monday, April 16, 2007

 

Master Vanity Glue-Up and ----- rippin’ good

Today I finished cutting Domino mortises and the dadoes for the shelf supports. Then the carcase was ready to be glued-up - so I did it. As with all larger pieces, it was a little bit of a “wrasseling match”, but Domino actually helps reduce that to a bare minimum - surprising how that tool makes life simpler in so many ways! Here it is in the clamps.


I also thickness planned the oak for the face frame and ripped rails and stiles. You can see the first batch on top of the carcase. My oldest son, Apprentice #1, helped with the thickness planning - he handled the wood as it came out of the planner, returning the pieces back to me - good team I think! Of course he was wearing sound suppressors and safety glasses!


I’ve got a couple of more pieces to rip. I was hoping to get a little more done, but getting wood and a stop by Healdsburg Lumber, took up a bit longer than I had planned. I’m going to go down and do a little more this evening.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]