Sunday, April 01, 2007

 

Ready for final sanding

In spite of a crumby spring-time cold [whine] that oldest son brought home and gave to all the family, I was able to get some work done on my sample doors. They are ready for final sanding.


The pulls are tapered. An easy job for my FesTool saw and guide rail - set at 15 degrees --- and rip away.


I cut the hinge mortises by hand - the old fashioned way with a chisel. They fit quite well and it’s nice to know that these old hands will still do what they’re told!

I’ll finish sanding tomorrow morning and start putting the finish on -they should be ready to hang on Tuesday.

I like the simple elegance of them - they do appeal to me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]