Tuesday, May 06, 2008

 

Somebody did something very nice for me...

A couple of days ago, I visited a very nice lady who had some bubinga for sale. In the course of the conversation, she asked if I used hand tools, which I do and replied accordingly. She asked if I wanted a Record joiner plane - free. It had belonged to her best friend and she couldn't use it. As I stuttered and stammered a yes, she looked around and found the plane.

It is still in the original box [see image].


A #7 Joiner plane from England - just a touch under 22 inches long.


It had a smidge of rusty film, which quickly gave way to a little oil and emory paper [gently applied]. The sole is true and fine.

So I had to test it out. I couldn't even wait to sharpen it. Well you know - it works just fine!



Thank you much kind lady!!! I will use it and my boys will use it, ever thinking =of how it came to be ours...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]